This ongoing project has enabled us to work with our Client to resolve issues to their Sharepoint platform, as well as adapting their existing file structures in order to ensure it is more efficient whilst also maintaining their system runs smoothly.
What we did:
- Client had been developing and working on Sharepoint using an internal team
- Client encountered numerous problems and errors
- Microsolv team reviewed the configuration and structure and identified areas that were causing the issues
- Working with Senior management Microsolv implemented a new permission structure and fully tested
- Microsolv will continue to develop and evolve the platform with the client
While we prefer to take on a job from the beginning, this project was presented to us once the function was already in place and active. This presented additional challenges as we had to work towards resolving issues while still keeping the platform active and available for users. We achieved this by working with the client’s senior management to quickly identify how the structure was supposed to work, relevant permission and an understanding their terminology. Using our skills and knowledge of Sharepoint, as well as on-premise server techniques we were able to adapt their existing file structure in order for it to perform as required. Continual refinement and development was needed to iron out the issues and make the system work smoothly. A new on-boarding process was designed to ensure permissions were rolled out correctly in every instance. The story doesn’t stop there though as we will continue to work with them to maximise opportunities that are available and develop the pages further.