A well-established Club needed to refresh their core IT infrastructure and asked us to review options for them. After discussing their requirements it was decided that a hybrid solution would be most suitable.
What we did:
- Reviewed their existing equipment and identified any hardware that could be reutilised
- Designed new network and drew up required specification to support existing and new software applications
- Migrated email from Small Business Server to Hosted Exchange
- Installed on premise servers for EPOS/Membership system and file storage
- Upgraded wireless connectivity throughout the building and set up Guest network granting members secure access to 100Mb Internet line
The installation was planned carefully and carried out over a number of months to minimise the disruption to our client. Different stages of the project were implemented, tested and completed in line with the clients requirements. The first stage was to migrate their email from an existing on-premise Small Business Server. Mailboxes were reviewed and prepared for transfer to the Cloud. The new mailboxes were commissioned, domain records updated and new profiles configured. The second stage was upgrading the existing Ruckus system, additional access points were added and the management moved to the Cloud. The last stage was to replace the legacy on premise servers, the Small Business Server was decommissioned and two servers were installed for the EPOS/membership system and file storage. Failover between the servers was implemented to provide an element of disaster recovery.