This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, contract details, etc.). We may use this information to administer applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to Microsolv contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
Microsolv collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you purchase products from us or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other contracts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your contract with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
How long do we keep your data for?
Microsolv will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your contract is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our support team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your contract, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Microsolv will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself. With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
• You can verify the details you have submitted to Microsolv by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
• You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Microsolv regarding your contract at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others, or through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your contract is deleted.
• You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting us at email@example.com.
• You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
• You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.
We process personal data relating to our clients. The personal data we process may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Data relating to your identity, including name and company address.
• Contact details (Business and home address, telephone numbers, email addresses)
• IT information – Information related to your access to our systems (Login details, IP addresses, log files, access/times/durations of use, location).
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right to:
• Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress,
• Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing,
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means,
• In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed,
• Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection legislation.
If you would like to find out more about our data retention policy and how we use your personal data, or if you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold, please contact email@example.com
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If our system is breached in any way, we will inform you within 72 hours.
Microsolv Data Protection Officer (DPO)
At Microsolv, Cherry Summers is appointed as our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02077871199.